Photos courtesy Antique Boat Museum and the Thousand Islands Museum                  

Welcome to the Charles G. Emery Page

img/Calumet Island winter c. 1885, House was torn down and material used to construct a house on Picton Island.

 

 

The Emery Family sitting on the steps of their first cottage.

Photo courtesy of the Corbin's River Heritage, Clayton, NY

 

Emery and Family aboard the 98' "Nina" with Calumet Island in the background.

Photo courtesy Thousand Islands Museum

 

The luxurious New Frontenac Hotel

Photo courtesy Thousand Islands Museum 

 

Portico of the luxurious New Hotel Frontenac, Round Island c. 1905

Photo courtesy of the Thousand Islands Museum

Mr. Emery purchased Round Island in about 1898 and immediately began to rebuild the Hotel into one of the most luxurious summer resorts in the country, the now famous Hotel Frontenac.

Scan courtesy of the Joe Parker Collection

Mr. Emery took over the Goodwin & Co., tobacco company from his Uncle Eben Goodwin in about 1873. Later it would merge into the American Tobacco Company, commonly known as the Tobacco Trust.

 

For more information on Mr. Emery read:

Toujours Jeune - Always Young

Thousand Islands, Emery and the New Frontenac Hotel

Now Available - Click Here - Only $17.95

If you have any information, letters, documents and any other items that relate to Mr. Emery, Calumet Island, Hotel Frontenac, Picton Island Red Granite Co. or any other Emery enterprise, please contact:

Rex Ennis

413 Holston Terrace Dr.

Rogersville, TN 37857

emery@rexnet.us

Copyright Rexford M. Ennis 2012All rights reserved